Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The Blossom Craft Show returns to the fairgrounds in Odell April 20-21, and includes more than 100 vendors, filled with all manner of food, plants, arts and crafts and wine tastings.
Hallmarks of the event include the quilt show in the Floral Building, the Odell Garden Club’s annual plant sale (Saturday only in the Community Building), the Art Club show and sale and the FFA plant and food sale.
The Blossom Craft Show is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, and parking and admission are free.
White Salmon artist Cindi Strid has been working with students in Mid Valley’s Prime Time after-school program as part of an arts-enrichment series funded through the Columbia Center for the Arts. Children have been exploring patterns in nature for inspiration in their own artwork.
Strid’s last session with the children will be the week of April 22.
Parents of Wy’east sixth-graders need to attend an April 11 meeting in the school’s Performing Arts Center beginning at 6 p.m., says school representative Teri Adams.
“On the agenda is upcoming sixth-grade Outdoor School information, including session assignments and an opportunity for parents to get their questions answered in preparation for the week-long event,” she says.
There will also be information about Wy’east’s grade-level math curriculum.
April 12 marks the end of the third quarter for Hood River County Schools. There will be no school April 15 while teachers process grades. Report cards will be mailed out toward the end of next week.
“We encourage parents to discuss grades with their student(s) and provide the support they need to complete the current school year successfully and be prepared for the following school year,” says Adams.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge