Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The Wy’east High School Class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for the weekend of July 20 and 21. The event will open with a banquet Saturday evening at the Best Western Hood River Inn and will end with a Sunday potluck picnic at Toll Bridge Park.
The Parkdale-Wy’east Reunion will join the class at the park on Sunday and anyone graduating from Wy’east between 1952 and 1970 is invited, including teachers who taught during that period.
Weekend or dinner only: Couples, $79; singles: $39
Picnic only: Donation
Booklet and digital picture only: $4
(All costs include digital color class picture e-mailed to you and a booklet.)
A few partial or full scholarships are available.
R.S.V.P. by June 1 to Ellen (Beers) Anthony at email@example.com. Checks should be made out to Class of 1963 Wy’east and sent to Ellen (Beers) Anthony at 811 Pine St., Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Death notices for May 4: Jerry Osbourn, Edward Adams, and John Phillips
- Service announcement for May 4: Audrey Thornton
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge