Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The Wy’east High School Class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for the weekend of July 20 and 21. The event will open with a banquet Saturday evening at the Best Western Hood River Inn and will end with a Sunday potluck picnic at Toll Bridge Park.
The Parkdale-Wy’east Reunion will join the class at the park on Sunday and anyone graduating from Wy’east between 1952 and 1970 is invited, including teachers who taught during that period.
Weekend or dinner only: Couples, $79; singles: $39
Picnic only: Donation
Booklet and digital picture only: $4
(All costs include digital color class picture e-mailed to you and a booklet.)
A few partial or full scholarships are available.
R.S.V.P. by June 1 to Ellen (Beers) Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks should be made out to Class of 1963 Wy’east and sent to Ellen (Beers) Anthony at 811 Pine St., Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge