Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Oregon State Police is continuing the investigation into the cause of Saturday morning’s single-vehicle traffic crash along Interstate 84 about 5 miles east of The Dalles that resulted in the death of an adult male and injuries to two other occupants.
On April 6 at approximately 11:20 a.m., a 1994 Oldsmobile four-door driven by Pablo Medino, 47, from Sunnyside, Wash., was westbound on I-84 near milepost 92 attempting to pass a commercial truck when it collided with a guardrail several times.
The passenger car eventually came to rest along the north side of the westbound lanes.
Medino was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The 70-year-old female right front passenger, Maria Medina, from Sunnyside, was seriously injured. She was transported by LifeFlight to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland.
Right rear passenger Seth Medina, 16, from Sunnyside, was transported by ground ambulance to Mid-Columbia Medical Center in The Dalles with minor injuries.
None of the three occupants were using safety restraints.
OSP troopers from The Dalles Area Command office are continuing the investigation into the cause of the crash. Trooper Mark Jubitz is the lead investigator.
OSP was assisted at the scene by Sherman County Sheriff’s Office, Mid-Columbia Fire and Rescue and ODOT.
One lane was closed for about three hours.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge