Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The Blues show People’s Choice Award went to watercolor artist Mary Rollins, of The Dalles, for her painting “Yellow Legs.”
“Blues” was the February show at Columbia Art Gallery.
“A clear majority of votes went to this piece,” according to curator Rachel Harvey. Rollins said, “Yellow Legs are long-legged shorebirds that can be found in Oregon along shallow lakes and flooded pastures, and among the coastal estuaries.”
Rollins won the $100 stipend, sponsored by Beam and Couch Excavating Inc., of Hood River.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events