Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The Blues show People’s Choice Award went to watercolor artist Mary Rollins, of The Dalles, for her painting “Yellow Legs.”
“Blues” was the February show at Columbia Art Gallery.
“A clear majority of votes went to this piece,” according to curator Rachel Harvey. Rollins said, “Yellow Legs are long-legged shorebirds that can be found in Oregon along shallow lakes and flooded pastures, and among the coastal estuaries.”
Rollins won the $100 stipend, sponsored by Beam and Couch Excavating Inc., of Hood River.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge