Tuesday, April 9, 2013
The Blues show People’s Choice Award went to watercolor artist Mary Rollins, of The Dalles, for her painting “Yellow Legs.”
“Blues” was the February show at Columbia Art Gallery.
“A clear majority of votes went to this piece,” according to curator Rachel Harvey. Rollins said, “Yellow Legs are long-legged shorebirds that can be found in Oregon along shallow lakes and flooded pastures, and among the coastal estuaries.”
Rollins won the $100 stipend, sponsored by Beam and Couch Excavating Inc., of Hood River.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge