Friday, April 12, 2013
Auditions for the Hood River Valley High School’s fall production of the musical “Shrek” will be April 16, 17 and 18 from 3:15-5:15 p.m.
The family-friendly musical, based on the popular animated film, was a hit on Broadway and has toured the country many times. The Hood River production will be the first high school version of the show in the Northwest.
Director Mark Steighner says that there are roles for middle and high school students. Students should prepare a song, with or without accompaniment. A CD/MP3 plug-in player will be provided. Rehearsals will begin in late August, with performances scheduled for the first three weekends in November.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge