Friday, April 12, 2013
Auditions for the Hood River Valley High School’s fall production of the musical “Shrek” will be April 16, 17 and 18 from 3:15-5:15 p.m.
The family-friendly musical, based on the popular animated film, was a hit on Broadway and has toured the country many times. The Hood River production will be the first high school version of the show in the Northwest.
Director Mark Steighner says that there are roles for middle and high school students. Students should prepare a song, with or without accompaniment. A CD/MP3 plug-in player will be provided. Rehearsals will begin in late August, with performances scheduled for the first three weekends in November.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge