Friday, April 12, 2013
Auditions for the Hood River Valley High School’s fall production of the musical “Shrek” will be April 16, 17 and 18 from 3:15-5:15 p.m.
The family-friendly musical, based on the popular animated film, was a hit on Broadway and has toured the country many times. The Hood River production will be the first high school version of the show in the Northwest.
Director Mark Steighner says that there are roles for middle and high school students. Students should prepare a song, with or without accompaniment. A CD/MP3 plug-in player will be provided. Rehearsals will begin in late August, with performances scheduled for the first three weekends in November.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge