Friday, April 12, 2013
Auditions for the Hood River Valley High School’s fall production of the musical “Shrek” will be April 16, 17 and 18 from 3:15-5:15 p.m.
The family-friendly musical, based on the popular animated film, was a hit on Broadway and has toured the country many times. The Hood River production will be the first high school version of the show in the Northwest.
Director Mark Steighner says that there are roles for middle and high school students. Students should prepare a song, with or without accompaniment. A CD/MP3 plug-in player will be provided. Rehearsals will begin in late August, with performances scheduled for the first three weekends in November.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge