Friday, April 12, 2013
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries will be presented with the “Ecumenical Service Award” at Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner April 25. The award is presented in recognition of GEM’s special achievements in hope-inspiring, life-enhancing, ecumenical community ministry.
The award will be presented to Gorge Ecumenical Ministries for its dedication to advocating for and serving the most vulnerable populations in the Columbia Gorge area. The award acknowledges GEM’s continued work with low-income and immigrant populations, as well as its advocacy and educational efforts.
The EMO Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner will be at the Hilton Hotel, 921 S.W. Sixth Ave., Portland. A reception and silent auction to benefit EMO’s ministries will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. and the dinner and award presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Reservations are available at www.emoregon.org for $75 per person and tables for 10 are available for $750. For more information, contact Carla Starrett-Bigg at 503-221-1054, ext. 275, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge