Friday, April 12, 2013
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries will be presented with the “Ecumenical Service Award” at Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner April 25. The award is presented in recognition of GEM’s special achievements in hope-inspiring, life-enhancing, ecumenical community ministry.
The award will be presented to Gorge Ecumenical Ministries for its dedication to advocating for and serving the most vulnerable populations in the Columbia Gorge area. The award acknowledges GEM’s continued work with low-income and immigrant populations, as well as its advocacy and educational efforts.
The EMO Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner will be at the Hilton Hotel, 921 S.W. Sixth Ave., Portland. A reception and silent auction to benefit EMO’s ministries will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. and the dinner and award presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Reservations are available at www.emoregon.org for $75 per person and tables for 10 are available for $750. For more information, contact Carla Starrett-Bigg at 503-221-1054, ext. 275, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge