Friday, April 12, 2013
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries will be presented with the “Ecumenical Service Award” at Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner April 25. The award is presented in recognition of GEM’s special achievements in hope-inspiring, life-enhancing, ecumenical community ministry.
The award will be presented to Gorge Ecumenical Ministries for its dedication to advocating for and serving the most vulnerable populations in the Columbia Gorge area. The award acknowledges GEM’s continued work with low-income and immigrant populations, as well as its advocacy and educational efforts.
The EMO Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner will be at the Hilton Hotel, 921 S.W. Sixth Ave., Portland. A reception and silent auction to benefit EMO’s ministries will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. and the dinner and award presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Reservations are available at www.emoregon.org for $75 per person and tables for 10 are available for $750. For more information, contact Carla Starrett-Bigg at 503-221-1054, ext. 275, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge