Friday, April 12, 2013
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries will be presented with the “Ecumenical Service Award” at Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner April 25. The award is presented in recognition of GEM’s special achievements in hope-inspiring, life-enhancing, ecumenical community ministry.
The award will be presented to Gorge Ecumenical Ministries for its dedication to advocating for and serving the most vulnerable populations in the Columbia Gorge area. The award acknowledges GEM’s continued work with low-income and immigrant populations, as well as its advocacy and educational efforts.
The EMO Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner will be at the Hilton Hotel, 921 S.W. Sixth Ave., Portland. A reception and silent auction to benefit EMO’s ministries will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. and the dinner and award presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Reservations are available at www.emoregon.org for $75 per person and tables for 10 are available for $750. For more information, contact Carla Starrett-Bigg at 503-221-1054, ext. 275, or email@example.com.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge