Friday, April 12, 2013
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries will be presented with the “Ecumenical Service Award” at Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner April 25. The award is presented in recognition of GEM’s special achievements in hope-inspiring, life-enhancing, ecumenical community ministry.
The award will be presented to Gorge Ecumenical Ministries for its dedication to advocating for and serving the most vulnerable populations in the Columbia Gorge area. The award acknowledges GEM’s continued work with low-income and immigrant populations, as well as its advocacy and educational efforts.
The EMO Annual Community Awards and Celebration Dinner will be at the Hilton Hotel, 921 S.W. Sixth Ave., Portland. A reception and silent auction to benefit EMO’s ministries will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. and the dinner and award presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Reservations are available at www.emoregon.org for $75 per person and tables for 10 are available for $750. For more information, contact Carla Starrett-Bigg at 503-221-1054, ext. 275, or email@example.com.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge