Friday, April 12, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance invites the community to the April 17 networking event to celebrate and explore the robotics education happening in two regional high schools: Goldendale and Hood River Valley.
Networking starts at 6:30 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar Winery, 13 Railroad Ave., Hood River. Admission is free.
In this their first year of competing, Goldendale High School’s FIRST Robotics Challenge team won a seat at the national competition in St. Louis, Mo., April 24-27.
At the Ellensburg, Wash., Regional FIRST Robotics Competition on March 23, the Goldendale Robotics Team, coached by teacher Matt Merfeld, was awarded the Rookie of the Year Award. Goldendale students will display another of their robots, this one for the VEX Robotics Challenge, and talk about their FRC experience.
Hood River Valley High School’s robotics class will be displaying their FIRST Tech Challenge robot and present the robotics applications they’re developing in class, such as an autonomous orchard sprayer.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge. For questions about the GTA, contact Executive Director Jessica Metta at 541-296-2266 or Jessica@crgta.org.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge