Friday, April 12, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance invites the community to the April 17 networking event to celebrate and explore the robotics education happening in two regional high schools: Goldendale and Hood River Valley.
Networking starts at 6:30 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar Winery, 13 Railroad Ave., Hood River. Admission is free.
In this their first year of competing, Goldendale High School’s FIRST Robotics Challenge team won a seat at the national competition in St. Louis, Mo., April 24-27.
At the Ellensburg, Wash., Regional FIRST Robotics Competition on March 23, the Goldendale Robotics Team, coached by teacher Matt Merfeld, was awarded the Rookie of the Year Award. Goldendale students will display another of their robots, this one for the VEX Robotics Challenge, and talk about their FRC experience.
Hood River Valley High School’s robotics class will be displaying their FIRST Tech Challenge robot and present the robotics applications they’re developing in class, such as an autonomous orchard sprayer.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge. For questions about the GTA, contact Executive Director Jessica Metta at 541-296-2266 or Jessica@crgta.org.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control