Friday, April 12, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance invites the community to the April 17 networking event to celebrate and explore the robotics education happening in two regional high schools: Goldendale and Hood River Valley.
Networking starts at 6:30 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar Winery, 13 Railroad Ave., Hood River. Admission is free.
In this their first year of competing, Goldendale High School’s FIRST Robotics Challenge team won a seat at the national competition in St. Louis, Mo., April 24-27.
At the Ellensburg, Wash., Regional FIRST Robotics Competition on March 23, the Goldendale Robotics Team, coached by teacher Matt Merfeld, was awarded the Rookie of the Year Award. Goldendale students will display another of their robots, this one for the VEX Robotics Challenge, and talk about their FRC experience.
Hood River Valley High School’s robotics class will be displaying their FIRST Tech Challenge robot and present the robotics applications they’re developing in class, such as an autonomous orchard sprayer.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge. For questions about the GTA, contact Executive Director Jessica Metta at 541-296-2266 or Jessica@crgta.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge