Friday, April 12, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance invites the community to the April 17 networking event to celebrate and explore the robotics education happening in two regional high schools: Goldendale and Hood River Valley.
Networking starts at 6:30 p.m. at Springhouse Cellar Winery, 13 Railroad Ave., Hood River. Admission is free.
In this their first year of competing, Goldendale High School’s FIRST Robotics Challenge team won a seat at the national competition in St. Louis, Mo., April 24-27.
At the Ellensburg, Wash., Regional FIRST Robotics Competition on March 23, the Goldendale Robotics Team, coached by teacher Matt Merfeld, was awarded the Rookie of the Year Award. Goldendale students will display another of their robots, this one for the VEX Robotics Challenge, and talk about their FRC experience.
Hood River Valley High School’s robotics class will be displaying their FIRST Tech Challenge robot and present the robotics applications they’re developing in class, such as an autonomous orchard sprayer.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge. For questions about the GTA, contact Executive Director Jessica Metta at 541-296-2266 or Jessica@crgta.org.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge