Friday, April 12, 2013
Columbia Gorge Community College, The Dalles campus, is offering a series of classes on aging. The OSU “Mastery of Aging Well” course will be offered in a five-session series; each one consisting of a 45-minute online training followed by an hour question Q&A period with a local expert on the topic. Each will also provide information on local resources and take-home activities.
The cost is $10 per session (scholarships may be available; contact OSU Open Campus Coordinator Dani Annala at 541-386-3343). To register, call 541-308-8211 or visit cgcc.cc.or.us; be sure to identify which course(s) you wish to attend.
Upcoming subjects include:
April 18 — Memory Difficulties
April 25 — Depression in later life: An overview of depression and aging
May 2 — Medication Jeopardy: The risks attached to taking medications and how age influences risk
May 9 — Physical Exercise in Later Life: How exercise and activity helps aging adults stay independent and physically able
May 16 — Food as Medicine: Eating and aging with recommendations for the aging adults
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge