Friday, April 12, 2013
Columbia Gorge Community College, The Dalles campus, is offering a series of classes on aging. The OSU “Mastery of Aging Well” course will be offered in a five-session series; each one consisting of a 45-minute online training followed by an hour question Q&A period with a local expert on the topic. Each will also provide information on local resources and take-home activities.
The cost is $10 per session (scholarships may be available; contact OSU Open Campus Coordinator Dani Annala at 541-386-3343). To register, call 541-308-8211 or visit cgcc.cc.or.us; be sure to identify which course(s) you wish to attend.
Upcoming subjects include:
April 18 — Memory Difficulties
April 25 — Depression in later life: An overview of depression and aging
May 2 — Medication Jeopardy: The risks attached to taking medications and how age influences risk
May 9 — Physical Exercise in Later Life: How exercise and activity helps aging adults stay independent and physically able
May 16 — Food as Medicine: Eating and aging with recommendations for the aging adults
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge