Friday, April 12, 2013
A Celebration of Life service for Carl Duane Perron, who passed away March 22, 2013, will be held 5 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to Providence Portland Medical Foundation, Attn: Guest Housing Fund, 4805 N.E. Glisan St., Portland, OR 97213, or the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Hood River, OR 97031. Please enclose a note that your gift is in memory of Carl Perron.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge