Friday, April 12, 2013
A Celebration of Life service for Carl Duane Perron, who passed away March 22, 2013, will be held 5 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to Providence Portland Medical Foundation, Attn: Guest Housing Fund, 4805 N.E. Glisan St., Portland, OR 97213, or the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Hood River, OR 97031. Please enclose a note that your gift is in memory of Carl Perron.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge