Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Dresden Marie Merz and Casey Benjamin Gingrich, both of Vancouver, Wash., were married Sept. 22, 2012, at Laurelbrook in White Salmon, Wash. Dr. Gary Gingrich officiated. Madison Wood, niece of the bride, was flower girl.
The bride is the daughter of Ronald and Patricia Merz, of Hood River. She is a 2001 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and 2005 graduate of Pacific University. She is currently employed at Washington Federal in Vancouver.
The groom is the son of Dr. Gary and Mrs. Terri Gingrich of The Dalles. He is a 1995 graduate of The Dalles High School and attended University of Oregon and Portland Community College, graduating in 2004. He is the owner of Columbia River Dental Lab.
The couple honeymooned in Hawaii and will continue living in Vancouver.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge