Tuesday, April 16, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Dayley as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Dayley is about 2 years old and a border collie mix. He is exceptionally attentive and lovable and craves cuddles. Check out his video on our website. He loves to walk around with his peeps and just check things out, or go on a nice walk outside just for the heck of it, or even better — turns out he loves being a running buddy!
“You won’t find a more snuggly, devoted dog, who looks like he’s completely mesmerized by everything you say or do! Dayley is fine with other dogs but the big thrill for him is being with people and getting attention! He is ready for his new family to shower him with love and affection.
“Although Dayley is calm and sweet as can be, he sometimes shows bad manners when it comes to sharing his items, like his bed or toys, and we’re working on fixing that; so for now, we do not recommend him going to a home with kids.”
Dayley is housetrained, current on shots, micro-chipped and neutered. The adoption fee for him is $185; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Dayley at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriveradopt-adog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service.
For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge