Friday, April 19, 2013
Dry Hollow Vineyards winery presents the 2013 Gorge Vineyard 3K/5K Run-Walk on May 4 at 10 a.m., a benefit for Home at Last.
The race will feature a 3K with two laps around the Hi Valley Vineyard, The Dalles. The 5K will have an additional out and back among the cherry orchards overlooking the neighbor vineyard.
The race starts at the Dry Hollow Vineyards Tasting Room at 3410 Dry Hollow Lane. Awards will include wine glasses and medals.
To enter for free, purchase a Columbia Gorge Passport directly from Dry Hollow Vineyards Tasting Room. Passports are available for purchase now, and cost $15, offering huge potential savings.
For more information on the Passport Program, see GorgeWine.com. Alternatively, pre-registration by April 26 is $5, or $15 with a shirt. For a registration form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 541-296-2953 or visit the tasting room between noon and 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Day-of registration at the tasting room is from 8:30-9:50 a.m. A limited supply of shirts will be available on the day of the race.
Run in the morning, and taste wine at the finish.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge