Friday, April 19, 2013
Dry Hollow Vineyards winery presents the 2013 Gorge Vineyard 3K/5K Run-Walk on May 4 at 10 a.m., a benefit for Home at Last.
The race will feature a 3K with two laps around the Hi Valley Vineyard, The Dalles. The 5K will have an additional out and back among the cherry orchards overlooking the neighbor vineyard.
The race starts at the Dry Hollow Vineyards Tasting Room at 3410 Dry Hollow Lane. Awards will include wine glasses and medals.
To enter for free, purchase a Columbia Gorge Passport directly from Dry Hollow Vineyards Tasting Room. Passports are available for purchase now, and cost $15, offering huge potential savings.
For more information on the Passport Program, see GorgeWine.com. Alternatively, pre-registration by April 26 is $5, or $15 with a shirt. For a registration form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 541-296-2953 or visit the tasting room between noon and 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Day-of registration at the tasting room is from 8:30-9:50 a.m. A limited supply of shirts will be available on the day of the race.
Run in the morning, and taste wine at the finish.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge