Friday, April 19, 2013
On Saturday, April 27, there will be a fundraiser to benefit 4-year-old Rebecca Gustafson, who will be traveling to Stanford University to receive a kidney and liver transplant. This will require the family to be in California for two to four months for the procedure, post-operation care and her recovery.
Te event will begin at 7 p.m. at The 301 Gallery, 301 Oak St., Hood River. Funds raised will help with medical expenses, travel expenses, income loss while in California and possibly a special trip for Rebecca after she recovers.
Come enjoy some great local art, imported wine, buy something at the auction, enjoy exceptional live performances, and support Rebecca and her family. There will be live entertainment by singers Tracy Klas and Jeff Carrell, a raffle drawing for a guided fishing trip with Larimer Outfitters (valued at $495; need not be present to win) and a silent auction.
Cost is $7 at the door; to purchase raffle tickets or make donations for the auction call Brandi at 541-965-1591.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge