Friday, April 19, 2013
On Saturday, April 27, there will be a fundraiser to benefit 4-year-old Rebecca Gustafson, who will be traveling to Stanford University to receive a kidney and liver transplant. This will require the family to be in California for two to four months for the procedure, post-operation care and her recovery.
Te event will begin at 7 p.m. at The 301 Gallery, 301 Oak St., Hood River. Funds raised will help with medical expenses, travel expenses, income loss while in California and possibly a special trip for Rebecca after she recovers.
Come enjoy some great local art, imported wine, buy something at the auction, enjoy exceptional live performances, and support Rebecca and her family. There will be live entertainment by singers Tracy Klas and Jeff Carrell, a raffle drawing for a guided fishing trip with Larimer Outfitters (valued at $495; need not be present to win) and a silent auction.
Cost is $7 at the door; to purchase raffle tickets or make donations for the auction call Brandi at 541-965-1591.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge