Friday, April 19, 2013
On Saturday, April 27, there will be a fundraiser to benefit 4-year-old Rebecca Gustafson, who will be traveling to Stanford University to receive a kidney and liver transplant. This will require the family to be in California for two to four months for the procedure, post-operation care and her recovery.
Te event will begin at 7 p.m. at The 301 Gallery, 301 Oak St., Hood River. Funds raised will help with medical expenses, travel expenses, income loss while in California and possibly a special trip for Rebecca after she recovers.
Come enjoy some great local art, imported wine, buy something at the auction, enjoy exceptional live performances, and support Rebecca and her family. There will be live entertainment by singers Tracy Klas and Jeff Carrell, a raffle drawing for a guided fishing trip with Larimer Outfitters (valued at $495; need not be present to win) and a silent auction.
Cost is $7 at the door; to purchase raffle tickets or make donations for the auction call Brandi at 541-965-1591.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge