Friday, April 19, 2013
Skamania County will hold its seventh annual community garage sale Friday and Saturday at the Skamania County Fairgrounds in Stevenson, Wash.
The highly anticipated and widely popular event is a two-day shopping extravaganza. An early bird sale will be held on Friday from 6-8 p.m. For $2 admission, visitors will have access to the best bargains.
The sale continues Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (admission is free). There will be more than 25 booths with community members offering everything from car parts to clothing, including county surplus small office equipment and furniture.
Make sure to come hungry: The event boasts burgers and biscuits and gravy served up by the local Eagles Lodge 1744 to benefit its youth scholarship endeavor.
Goodwill Industries will have a truck on site to accept donation of remaining sale items in good, useable and clean condition.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge