Friday, April 19, 2013
Skamania County will hold its seventh annual community garage sale Friday and Saturday at the Skamania County Fairgrounds in Stevenson, Wash.
The highly anticipated and widely popular event is a two-day shopping extravaganza. An early bird sale will be held on Friday from 6-8 p.m. For $2 admission, visitors will have access to the best bargains.
The sale continues Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (admission is free). There will be more than 25 booths with community members offering everything from car parts to clothing, including county surplus small office equipment and furniture.
Make sure to come hungry: The event boasts burgers and biscuits and gravy served up by the local Eagles Lodge 1744 to benefit its youth scholarship endeavor.
Goodwill Industries will have a truck on site to accept donation of remaining sale items in good, useable and clean condition.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge