Friday, April 19, 2013
Skamania County will hold its seventh annual community garage sale Friday and Saturday at the Skamania County Fairgrounds in Stevenson, Wash.
The highly anticipated and widely popular event is a two-day shopping extravaganza. An early bird sale will be held on Friday from 6-8 p.m. For $2 admission, visitors will have access to the best bargains.
The sale continues Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (admission is free). There will be more than 25 booths with community members offering everything from car parts to clothing, including county surplus small office equipment and furniture.
Make sure to come hungry: The event boasts burgers and biscuits and gravy served up by the local Eagles Lodge 1744 to benefit its youth scholarship endeavor.
Goodwill Industries will have a truck on site to accept donation of remaining sale items in good, useable and clean condition.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge