Friday, April 19, 2013
Skamania County will hold its seventh annual community garage sale Friday and Saturday at the Skamania County Fairgrounds in Stevenson, Wash.
The highly anticipated and widely popular event is a two-day shopping extravaganza. An early bird sale will be held on Friday from 6-8 p.m. For $2 admission, visitors will have access to the best bargains.
The sale continues Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (admission is free). There will be more than 25 booths with community members offering everything from car parts to clothing, including county surplus small office equipment and furniture.
Make sure to come hungry: The event boasts burgers and biscuits and gravy served up by the local Eagles Lodge 1744 to benefit its youth scholarship endeavor.
Goodwill Industries will have a truck on site to accept donation of remaining sale items in good, useable and clean condition.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge