Friday, April 19, 2013
Celebrate that spoony bard, Shakespeare's birthday with Hood River County Library District from April 23-27. Enjoy a week of special events at Hood River Library celebrating the world famous playwright.
Join the fun on Tuesday, April 23, at 4 p.m. for Shakespeare's birthday. Come watch a thrilling sword fight by Hood River Valley High School actors. There will be tragedy, comedy, refreshments, and other surprises.
On Wednesday, April 24, come to the Hood River Library at 4 p.m. to watch a matinée screening of Shakespeare's famous Romeo and Juliet, but with a gnome-like twist!
The Celebration continues the rest of the week, too. Come in any day to play on our mini stage, complete with props, costumes, and curtains. All you have to do is add imagination.
The Library District has all kinds of Shakespeare movies, adaptations, and much more for all ages, so come check out a few.
For fun, if you memorize a line from Shakespeare and recite it to a librarian, you will get a free book of your choice.
These programs are free and open to the public. For more information, please contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535, info@hoodriver
library.org, or visit http://hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge