Friday, April 19, 2013
Horizon Christian School snapped a six-game losing streak Tuesday, with a 12-11 win against the LaSalle Prep junior varsity in Milwaukie.
The Hawks needed a bases-loaded, game-saving catch at the right field fence from Amar Mann in the bottom of the seventh inning to preserve the non-league win.
Three Horizon players had multiple hits, including Micah Engel, Ian Rasmussen and Grant Lynn. Engel had two doubles and scored three times.
The Hawks return to action today with a doubleheader at Stanfield. Horizon has three home dates next week at Collins Field: Monday against La Salle, Wednesday vs. Dufur and Friday against Pilot Rock (doubleheader).
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge