Friday, April 19, 2013
Horizon Christian School snapped a six-game losing streak Tuesday, with a 12-11 win against the LaSalle Prep junior varsity in Milwaukie.
The Hawks needed a bases-loaded, game-saving catch at the right field fence from Amar Mann in the bottom of the seventh inning to preserve the non-league win.
Three Horizon players had multiple hits, including Micah Engel, Ian Rasmussen and Grant Lynn. Engel had two doubles and scored three times.
The Hawks return to action today with a doubleheader at Stanfield. Horizon has three home dates next week at Collins Field: Monday against La Salle, Wednesday vs. Dufur and Friday against Pilot Rock (doubleheader).
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge