Friday, April 19, 2013
Horizon Christian School snapped a six-game losing streak Tuesday, with a 12-11 win against the LaSalle Prep junior varsity in Milwaukie.
The Hawks needed a bases-loaded, game-saving catch at the right field fence from Amar Mann in the bottom of the seventh inning to preserve the non-league win.
Three Horizon players had multiple hits, including Micah Engel, Ian Rasmussen and Grant Lynn. Engel had two doubles and scored three times.
The Hawks return to action today with a doubleheader at Stanfield. Horizon has three home dates next week at Collins Field: Monday against La Salle, Wednesday vs. Dufur and Friday against Pilot Rock (doubleheader).
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge