Friday, April 19, 2013
Horizon Christian School snapped a six-game losing streak Tuesday, with a 12-11 win against the LaSalle Prep junior varsity in Milwaukie.
The Hawks needed a bases-loaded, game-saving catch at the right field fence from Amar Mann in the bottom of the seventh inning to preserve the non-league win.
Three Horizon players had multiple hits, including Micah Engel, Ian Rasmussen and Grant Lynn. Engel had two doubles and scored three times.
The Hawks return to action today with a doubleheader at Stanfield. Horizon has three home dates next week at Collins Field: Monday against La Salle, Wednesday vs. Dufur and Friday against Pilot Rock (doubleheader).
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge