Friday, April 19, 2013
Horizon Christian School snapped a six-game losing streak Tuesday, with a 12-11 win against the LaSalle Prep junior varsity in Milwaukie.
The Hawks needed a bases-loaded, game-saving catch at the right field fence from Amar Mann in the bottom of the seventh inning to preserve the non-league win.
Three Horizon players had multiple hits, including Micah Engel, Ian Rasmussen and Grant Lynn. Engel had two doubles and scored three times.
The Hawks return to action today with a doubleheader at Stanfield. Horizon has three home dates next week at Collins Field: Monday against La Salle, Wednesday vs. Dufur and Friday against Pilot Rock (doubleheader).
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge