Friday, April 19, 2013
Hood River City Council will take up the issue of annexation of a portion of Westcliff Drive when it meets starting at 6 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
The council will discuss the annexation proposal for two properties on Westcliff: Columbia Gorge Hotel and the Vagabond Motel.
Both are located west of exit 62; they are the only properties affected by the annexation proposal.
The council will also continue its hearing on the proposed name change for the new road being constructed as an extension of Country Club; citizens had asked the city to consider a number of naming options for the new section, currently known as Mt. Adams Drive.
City Council will also conduct a hearing on an application by NBW Hood River (the Naito Landing proposal) to vacate a portion of the Port’s roadway between I-84 and the old Nichols Boat Works.
The City has an easement on a portion of the existing road to the Spit.
More like this story
- Death notices for Sept. 5
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge