Friday, April 19, 2013
Hood River City Council will take up the issue of annexation of a portion of Westcliff Drive when it meets starting at 6 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
The council will discuss the annexation proposal for two properties on Westcliff: Columbia Gorge Hotel and the Vagabond Motel.
Both are located west of exit 62; they are the only properties affected by the annexation proposal.
The council will also continue its hearing on the proposed name change for the new road being constructed as an extension of Country Club; citizens had asked the city to consider a number of naming options for the new section, currently known as Mt. Adams Drive.
City Council will also conduct a hearing on an application by NBW Hood River (the Naito Landing proposal) to vacate a portion of the Port’s roadway between I-84 and the old Nichols Boat Works.
The City has an easement on a portion of the existing road to the Spit.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge