Friday, April 19, 2013
Do you have an open heart and some extra time? Parkhurst House is seeking volunteers who will spend a little time with its residents doing activities that you both enjoy, such as playing cards, exercise, singing, playing a musical instrument, watching movies, scrapbooking, sewing/cross-stitching, religious studies and countless others.
To volunteer call Parkhurst House at 541-387-4600.
Parkhurst is located at 2450 May St., Hood River.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge