Tuesday, April 23, 2013
The Hood River Valley FFA Chapter is gearing up for its fifth-annual steak feed and silent auction to be held in the Hood River Valley High School Cafeteria and Commons on Saturday beginning at 6 p.m.
The dinner includes a grilled tri-tip, baked potato, salad, dinner roll and beverage. In addition to the steak dinner, the $10 ticket gives diners the opportunity to bid on auction items that have been donated from throughout the Columbia Gorge.
This year’s auction will include products, certificate, goods and services donated by the generous businesses of the Gorge community. Additionally the auction will include:
n A Jeep Grand Cherokee fully loaded with leather heated seats
n Fisherman’s dream boat, 55-horsepower outboard, trolling motor, fish finder, down riggers, boat and trailer all one price
n Tons of second-cutting hay and alfalfa
n A registered Boer doe goat and her two kids
n Drill press and lathe
n Many projects built by FFA members in the HRV Shop
The list of businesses and vendors that donate to this auction is long, and shows the great support the community has for the FFA members as they raise funds for the coming year.
The proceeds from the auction help to offset the costs of leadership camps, conventions, scholarships and school farm operation.
Tickets may be purchased from any FFA member, from Hood River Valley High School or by contacting FFA adviser Don Schmidt at the high school (541-386-4500).
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge