Tuesday, April 23, 2013
The Hood River Valley FFA Chapter is gearing up for its fifth-annual steak feed and silent auction to be held in the Hood River Valley High School Cafeteria and Commons on Saturday beginning at 6 p.m.
The dinner includes a grilled tri-tip, baked potato, salad, dinner roll and beverage. In addition to the steak dinner, the $10 ticket gives diners the opportunity to bid on auction items that have been donated from throughout the Columbia Gorge.
This year’s auction will include products, certificate, goods and services donated by the generous businesses of the Gorge community. Additionally the auction will include:
n A Jeep Grand Cherokee fully loaded with leather heated seats
n Fisherman’s dream boat, 55-horsepower outboard, trolling motor, fish finder, down riggers, boat and trailer all one price
n Tons of second-cutting hay and alfalfa
n A registered Boer doe goat and her two kids
n Drill press and lathe
n Many projects built by FFA members in the HRV Shop
The list of businesses and vendors that donate to this auction is long, and shows the great support the community has for the FFA members as they raise funds for the coming year.
The proceeds from the auction help to offset the costs of leadership camps, conventions, scholarships and school farm operation.
Tickets may be purchased from any FFA member, from Hood River Valley High School or by contacting FFA adviser Don Schmidt at the high school (541-386-4500).
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge