Tuesday, April 23, 2013
The Hood River Valley FFA Chapter is gearing up for its fifth-annual steak feed and silent auction to be held in the Hood River Valley High School Cafeteria and Commons on Saturday beginning at 6 p.m.
The dinner includes a grilled tri-tip, baked potato, salad, dinner roll and beverage. In addition to the steak dinner, the $10 ticket gives diners the opportunity to bid on auction items that have been donated from throughout the Columbia Gorge.
This year’s auction will include products, certificate, goods and services donated by the generous businesses of the Gorge community. Additionally the auction will include:
n A Jeep Grand Cherokee fully loaded with leather heated seats
n Fisherman’s dream boat, 55-horsepower outboard, trolling motor, fish finder, down riggers, boat and trailer all one price
n Tons of second-cutting hay and alfalfa
n A registered Boer doe goat and her two kids
n Drill press and lathe
n Many projects built by FFA members in the HRV Shop
The list of businesses and vendors that donate to this auction is long, and shows the great support the community has for the FFA members as they raise funds for the coming year.
The proceeds from the auction help to offset the costs of leadership camps, conventions, scholarships and school farm operation.
Tickets may be purchased from any FFA member, from Hood River Valley High School or by contacting FFA adviser Don Schmidt at the high school (541-386-4500).
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge