Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Helping Hands Against Violence honors three individuals and one community group Thursday at a free event at Springhouse Cellars.
Helping Hands will recognize Bob Olson, Karen Shortt and Barbara Young of Hood River, and Rotary of Hood River, in the 6-9 p.m. all-ages event.
Local beer and wine and gourmet appetizers will be available
Funkship Columbia will provide live music and there will be a special vocal performance by sophomores Delaney Barbour and Noah Tauscher of Hood River Valley High School. They will sing a song based on an original poem written by a community member.
Dena Simonds, Helping Hands, chair of the Board of Directors said, “Helping Hands could not have survived the last 32 years without the help of our community partners.
“We take this spring event and say thank you to those folks that have made a vast difference for our clients in the last year,” Simonds said.
This year Helping Hnads expanded itsBoard to include ‘Junior Board’ members.
”These are High School students that want to be more involved in our cause., and they will be advocates for those younger adults facing abuse,” Simonds said.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge