Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Helping Hands Against Violence honors three individuals and one community group Thursday at a free event at Springhouse Cellars.
Helping Hands will recognize Bob Olson, Karen Shortt and Barbara Young of Hood River, and Rotary of Hood River, in the 6-9 p.m. all-ages event.
Local beer and wine and gourmet appetizers will be available
Funkship Columbia will provide live music and there will be a special vocal performance by sophomores Delaney Barbour and Noah Tauscher of Hood River Valley High School. They will sing a song based on an original poem written by a community member.
Dena Simonds, Helping Hands, chair of the Board of Directors said, “Helping Hands could not have survived the last 32 years without the help of our community partners.
“We take this spring event and say thank you to those folks that have made a vast difference for our clients in the last year,” Simonds said.
This year Helping Hnads expanded itsBoard to include ‘Junior Board’ members.
”These are High School students that want to be more involved in our cause., and they will be advocates for those younger adults facing abuse,” Simonds said.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge