Tuesday, April 23, 2013
There are two open seats on the Mosier Community School Board. Both seats have two-year terms. Candidate forms are available in the MCS office.
Application deadline is Friday, April 26. There will be a candidates forum on May 2 in the MCS gym. Ballots are available May 7-9, and the election and annual membership meeting is May 9.
Election or appointment to the MCS Board of Directors should be seen as committing a person to thoughtful and dedicated participation in the guidance and oversight of all aspects of the operation of MCS.
Directors routinely consider the school’s financial affairs, legal matters and personnel issues, and are responsible for decisions regarding its core mission and educational values.
Most business is conducted during monthly meetings, which last from three to four hours, though sometimes longer; occasionally, additional full-board work sessions are also held.
While serving on the board, each director is affiliated closely with one of the school’s committees (development, public relations, parents, safety and maintenance, or wellness) and will function as liaison between that committee and the board.
Committee meetings take place regularly throughout the school year.
For more information on the Mosier Community School visit www.mosierschool.com.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge