Tuesday, April 23, 2013
There are two open seats on the Mosier Community School Board. Both seats have two-year terms. Candidate forms are available in the MCS office.
Application deadline is Friday, April 26. There will be a candidates forum on May 2 in the MCS gym. Ballots are available May 7-9, and the election and annual membership meeting is May 9.
Election or appointment to the MCS Board of Directors should be seen as committing a person to thoughtful and dedicated participation in the guidance and oversight of all aspects of the operation of MCS.
Directors routinely consider the school’s financial affairs, legal matters and personnel issues, and are responsible for decisions regarding its core mission and educational values.
Most business is conducted during monthly meetings, which last from three to four hours, though sometimes longer; occasionally, additional full-board work sessions are also held.
While serving on the board, each director is affiliated closely with one of the school’s committees (development, public relations, parents, safety and maintenance, or wellness) and will function as liaison between that committee and the board.
Committee meetings take place regularly throughout the school year.
For more information on the Mosier Community School visit www.mosierschool.com.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge