Tuesday, April 23, 2013
There are two open seats on the Mosier Community School Board. Both seats have two-year terms. Candidate forms are available in the MCS office.
Application deadline is Friday, April 26. There will be a candidates forum on May 2 in the MCS gym. Ballots are available May 7-9, and the election and annual membership meeting is May 9.
Election or appointment to the MCS Board of Directors should be seen as committing a person to thoughtful and dedicated participation in the guidance and oversight of all aspects of the operation of MCS.
Directors routinely consider the school’s financial affairs, legal matters and personnel issues, and are responsible for decisions regarding its core mission and educational values.
Most business is conducted during monthly meetings, which last from three to four hours, though sometimes longer; occasionally, additional full-board work sessions are also held.
While serving on the board, each director is affiliated closely with one of the school’s committees (development, public relations, parents, safety and maintenance, or wellness) and will function as liaison between that committee and the board.
Committee meetings take place regularly throughout the school year.
For more information on the Mosier Community School visit www.mosierschool.com.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge