Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Hood River Valley High School Principal Karen Neitzel announced last week that she will be leaving her position as principal at the end of the school year. She has accepted a position as dean of studies at the ‘Iolani School in Honolulu, Hawaii, for the 2013-14 school year.
“I have loved my time at Hood River Valley High School and am proud of the work I have done with the teachers and students in our district,” said Neitzel. “Although I am very excited about this new opportunity, I will miss my HRVHS family dearly.”
The district will be meeting with staff at the high school to gather input on the recruitment for a new high school principal.
“We will immediately begin a rigorous recruitment progress involving students, staff and community members,” Supt. Charlie Beck stated. “Our recruitment process will target the strongest and most qualified candidates to come lead Hood River Valley High School. We are confident we will find our next high school principal before the end of the school year.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22