Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Hood River Valley High School Principal Karen Neitzel announced last week that she will be leaving her position as principal at the end of the school year. She has accepted a position as dean of studies at the ‘Iolani School in Honolulu, Hawaii, for the 2013-14 school year.
“I have loved my time at Hood River Valley High School and am proud of the work I have done with the teachers and students in our district,” said Neitzel. “Although I am very excited about this new opportunity, I will miss my HRVHS family dearly.”
The district will be meeting with staff at the high school to gather input on the recruitment for a new high school principal.
“We will immediately begin a rigorous recruitment progress involving students, staff and community members,” Supt. Charlie Beck stated. “Our recruitment process will target the strongest and most qualified candidates to come lead Hood River Valley High School. We are confident we will find our next high school principal before the end of the school year.”
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge