Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Hood River Valley High School Principal Karen Neitzel announced last week that she will be leaving her position as principal at the end of the school year. She has accepted a position as dean of studies at the ‘Iolani School in Honolulu, Hawaii, for the 2013-14 school year.
“I have loved my time at Hood River Valley High School and am proud of the work I have done with the teachers and students in our district,” said Neitzel. “Although I am very excited about this new opportunity, I will miss my HRVHS family dearly.”
The district will be meeting with staff at the high school to gather input on the recruitment for a new high school principal.
“We will immediately begin a rigorous recruitment progress involving students, staff and community members,” Supt. Charlie Beck stated. “Our recruitment process will target the strongest and most qualified candidates to come lead Hood River Valley High School. We are confident we will find our next high school principal before the end of the school year.”
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events