Tuesday, April 23, 2013
After a long day’s work sharing some home-cooked meals with visitors and locals alike, the Parkdale Grange found itself the victim of an unknown thief after the Blossom Fest gathering wrapped up on Saturday.
According to Tamara Emler Ball, HRN correspondent for Parkdale, the theft will have big implications for the small nonprofit organization.
“The Grange holds a Chuckwagon Dinner every year on Blossom Fest weekend,” said Ball. “Apparently all the day’s money that was made last Saturday was stolen at the end of the day.
“This is a big loss for the Grange. Saturday was their better day for receipts and this fundraiser is what helps keep the bills paid there,” said Ball.
Parkdale Grange dinner organizer Jean Hardman could not be reached before press time. This year marks the centennial anniversary of Parkdale Grange’s founding.
Those wishing to support the Grange, which promotes small farming and sustainable living practices, may send donations to: Parkdale Grange, 7300 Clear Creek Road, Parkdale, OR 97041.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge