Tuesday, April 23, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Brody as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Brody is about a year old and one goofy, goofy boy! He’s a 60-ish-pound lab mix but thinks he’s still a wee little puppy and tries to fit under things that just don’t work for him anymore! Just check out his video on our website for a good chuckle!
“Brody is learning his manners pretty easily. He’s food-motivated, so that makes things go more, uh, smoothly, I guess you could say, but that’s probably the only time you could say that about this silly boy!
“Brody is active, playful, clumsy, energetic and really, really, really wants to please his people, but those long legs of his sometimes get all tangled up and it’s pretty funny to watch him try to unwind. He’s definitely an entertaining companion for someone!
“Brody would do best in an active home where he can let out some energy and work more on training. For now, though, he’s good on leashed walks, loony and well-intentioned with other dogs, and thinks he’s a great lap dog — but you can decide for yourself!”
He’s current on shots, micro-chipped and will be neutered later this week. The adoption fee for Brody is $185, plus neuter deposit; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster, please call ahead to meet Brody at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. (For more information visit www.24pet-watch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge