Friday, April 26, 2013
The Going to the Dogs Rummage Sale, a fundraiser for Hood River Adopt-A-Dog, will be held on Saturday, May 11, from 9-4 p.m. and Sunday, May 12, from 12-4 p.m. at the Cody Fruit Stand, 3475 Graves Drive in Odell. Sunday is half price day for pet “moms.”
Donations are being accepted now — please call 541-354-1083 and leave a message to arrange pick up or drop the items in the donation box at the Hukari Shelter at 3910 Heron Drive in Odell before May 4.
You can help Hood River Adopt-A-Dog by donating clean items in good condition.
Hood River Adopt-A-Dog is the volunteer group that provides care for all shelter dogs and veterinary care and adoption services for unclaimed dogs at Hood River County’s Hukari Shelter in Odell.
Adopt-A-Dog receives no funds from the county for services provided, operating solely on donations, adoption fees, and funds raised from events like this.
Hood River Adopt-A-Dog encourages you to come out, have some fun, and support dogs in need.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge