Friday, April 26, 2013
Oregon Trail Rally, Round 3 of the Rally America National Championship, comes to Portland, Hood River and Dufur May 3-5.
Rally racing is known as the most exciting motorsport in the world and continues to grow in popularity across the US.
The Oregon Trail Rally is known as one of the toughest tests for rally racing teams as they take on the challenging Northwest forestry roads.
Already 72 teams from throughout the U.s. are entered to compete.
The rally will be based out of the Hood River Fairgrounds in Odell May 4-5. Public events, including music and a barbecue, are planned. (Details in the May 1 edition.)
Additional information on the 2013 event is posted on the events website, wtww.oregontrailrally.com.
“We are excited to base the Columbia River Gorge portion of the event at the Hood River Fairgrounds this year,” commented Clerk of the Course, Mike Nagl.
Events start May 3 at 11 a.m. at Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland.
On May 4, the cars will line up before the next rally stage for what is known as “Parc Expose, from 9 to 10 a.m., at Hood River County Fairgrounds.
At about 6 p.m., the first car is expected to finish in downtown Hood River.
From 7 to 11 p.m., the block party happens at Double Mountain Brewery on Fourth St.
More like this story
- Flags Lowered: Seaside Police Sgt. Jason Goodding
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6