Friday, April 26, 2013
The Columbia Center for the Arts needs you! Volunteers are needed for several events in May.
May 4: Two ushers are needed for a special showing of the film “Kinky Boots” in conjunction with the gallery show “Art and Sole.” Please plan on arriving at 6:45 p.m.
May 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18: CAST presents “Circle, Mirror, Transformation.” Two ushers and a bartender are needed each night. Please plan on arriving at 6:30 p.m. The May 12 showing needs two ushers at 1 p.m.
May 15: “Hidden Secrets of the Gorge” with local author Scott Cook. Two ushers and a bartender are needed, please plan on arriving by 6:15 p.m.
May 22: Film Series night: One usher is needed at 7 p.m.
A Volunteer Appreciation Party will be held on May 9 at 6:30 p.m. for the opening of “Circle, Mirror, Transformation. Desserts and a drink ticket will be provided for volunteers prior to the play and the center will be offering $5 tickets for volunteers that night. Stick around for the talk-back after the show.
Columbia Arts is seeking people interested in getting involved behind the scenes.
Have you ever thought of running lights or sound for a show? Do you like the theater but don't want to act? Become part of the Tech Tribe and join the family of people who bring the shows to life. Contact Catherine Butler at volunteer@ columbiaarts.org if you are interested.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge