Friday, April 26, 2013
The Columbia Center for the Arts needs you! Volunteers are needed for several events in May.
May 4: Two ushers are needed for a special showing of the film “Kinky Boots” in conjunction with the gallery show “Art and Sole.” Please plan on arriving at 6:45 p.m.
May 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18: CAST presents “Circle, Mirror, Transformation.” Two ushers and a bartender are needed each night. Please plan on arriving at 6:30 p.m. The May 12 showing needs two ushers at 1 p.m.
May 15: “Hidden Secrets of the Gorge” with local author Scott Cook. Two ushers and a bartender are needed, please plan on arriving by 6:15 p.m.
May 22: Film Series night: One usher is needed at 7 p.m.
A Volunteer Appreciation Party will be held on May 9 at 6:30 p.m. for the opening of “Circle, Mirror, Transformation. Desserts and a drink ticket will be provided for volunteers prior to the play and the center will be offering $5 tickets for volunteers that night. Stick around for the talk-back after the show.
Columbia Arts is seeking people interested in getting involved behind the scenes.
Have you ever thought of running lights or sound for a show? Do you like the theater but don't want to act? Become part of the Tech Tribe and join the family of people who bring the shows to life. Contact Catherine Butler at volunteer@ columbiaarts.org if you are interested.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge