Tuesday, April 30, 2013
The Hood River County School District will hold their annual “Kindergarten Roundup” during the week of May 6 - 10, 2013. This is the time for parents to register their children entering kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year.
Students must be five years old on or before September 1st to meet the age requirement for entry into kindergarten.
Parents need to bring the following to registration: Legal birth certificate; complete immunization records and proof of address.
Oregon law requires certain immunizations must be in place for a child entering kindergarten.
These vaccinations may be obtained from your family doctor, local county health department, or health screening clinic. The complete series of shots include:
n Five (DTaP) Diphtheria/Tentanus/Pertussis
n One Varicella (chickenpox) unless child has had disease
n Two Measles
n One Rubella
n Three Hepatitis B
n Two Hepatitis A
Parents are to register their children at their local school on the following dates and times:
Cascade Locks: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
May Street Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mid Valley Elementary Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Parkdale Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Westside Elementary: Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. plus an additional open house information session will be offered on Monday, May 6, 6-7p.m.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge