Tuesday, April 30, 2013
The Hood River County School District will hold their annual “Kindergarten Roundup” during the week of May 6 - 10, 2013. This is the time for parents to register their children entering kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year.
Students must be five years old on or before September 1st to meet the age requirement for entry into kindergarten.
Parents need to bring the following to registration: Legal birth certificate; complete immunization records and proof of address.
Oregon law requires certain immunizations must be in place for a child entering kindergarten.
These vaccinations may be obtained from your family doctor, local county health department, or health screening clinic. The complete series of shots include:
n Five (DTaP) Diphtheria/Tentanus/Pertussis
n One Varicella (chickenpox) unless child has had disease
n Two Measles
n One Rubella
n Three Hepatitis B
n Two Hepatitis A
Parents are to register their children at their local school on the following dates and times:
Cascade Locks: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
May Street Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mid Valley Elementary Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Parkdale Elementary: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Westside Elementary: Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. plus an additional open house information session will be offered on Monday, May 6, 6-7p.m.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge