Tuesday, April 30, 2013
On Friday, April 26 a crowd gathered to wrangle some words for a good cause. SMART (Start Making A reader Today) netted $2,000 in the third annual Tongue Twister Tournament.
First prize went to Bruce Ludwig, followed by Rachel Harry with Michael Schock coming in a close third. About 80 people attended the event at Hood River Middle School. Portland comic and World Champion Palindromist Mark Saltveit entertained.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge