Tuesday, April 30, 2013
On Friday, April 26 a crowd gathered to wrangle some words for a good cause. SMART (Start Making A reader Today) netted $2,000 in the third annual Tongue Twister Tournament.
First prize went to Bruce Ludwig, followed by Rachel Harry with Michael Schock coming in a close third. About 80 people attended the event at Hood River Middle School. Portland comic and World Champion Palindromist Mark Saltveit entertained.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge