Tuesday, April 30, 2013
On Friday, April 26 a crowd gathered to wrangle some words for a good cause. SMART (Start Making A reader Today) netted $2,000 in the third annual Tongue Twister Tournament.
First prize went to Bruce Ludwig, followed by Rachel Harry with Michael Schock coming in a close third. About 80 people attended the event at Hood River Middle School. Portland comic and World Champion Palindromist Mark Saltveit entertained.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events