Tuesday, April 30, 2013
On Friday, April 26 a crowd gathered to wrangle some words for a good cause. SMART (Start Making A reader Today) netted $2,000 in the third annual Tongue Twister Tournament.
First prize went to Bruce Ludwig, followed by Rachel Harry with Michael Schock coming in a close third. About 80 people attended the event at Hood River Middle School. Portland comic and World Champion Palindromist Mark Saltveit entertained.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge