Tuesday, April 30, 2013
SALEM—Rep. Mark Johnson (R-Hood River) will be hosting an in-district town hall on Saturday, May 4 from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. to provide a legislative update, focusing specifically on K-12 and higher education issues.
“There are some exciting opportunities for our local education efforts to be assisted by state investments. There is also much to discuss regarding the budget situation what impact that may have locally,” said Rep. Johnson.
“I think it’s important that citizens know what we’re working on in Salem and how it affects our schools, families, and our communities as a whole.”
Dr. Frank Toda, president of Columbia Gorge Community College, will be speaking, providing some insights on what is happening at the local level. Janet Hamada, director of The Next Door Inc., will also present information on current legislation of interest to the local Hispanic community.
Rep. Johnson is serving his second term on the Hood River County School Board and is a past chairman. In Salem, he serves on the Higher Education and Workforce Development committee.
The town hall will be held on Saturday, May 4 from 10 a.m.–11 a.m. at Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Campus in the library commons area. The campus is located at 1730 College Way in Hood River. It is free to attend and open to the public.
“I always enjoy spending time speaking with and listening to the members of my community, answering questions and receiving feedback on what else we can be doing in Salem as we move forward,” said Johnson.
If you’d like a particular question or topic covered at the town hall, or if you would like more information about the event, email Mark@RepMark
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge