Saturday, August 3, 2013
The community is invited to a centennial celebration at Mid-Columbia Agricultural Research and Extension Center on Aug. 8.
Dr. Ed Ray, president of Oregon State University, will speak along with other officials.
The event starts at 2:30 p.m. with a short program and tours until 5 p.m.
Barbecue will be served from 5:15 to 7 p.m.
The facility is located just south of Hood River, off Tucker Road. Turn east on Extension Center Road just south of Your Party and Rental Center.
Three researchers will present information on their current work: Dr. Peter Shearer, entomology; Dr. Todd Einhorn, horticulture; and Dr. Yen Wang, post-harvest physiology.
MCAREC Director Brian Tuck said the community will also hear about ways the center is working to add value to Hood River agriculture products.
A timeline of the center will be on display to give visitors a sense of what MCAREC has worked on over the years.
Speakers will also include Dan Arp, dean of the OSU College of Agriculture, and Scott Reed, vice provost and director of OSU Extension.
In addition, board member Jeff Heater of Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers will talk about the organization’s new endowment program for MCAREC.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge