Saturday, August 3, 2013
Opportunity Connections is providing an annual day of giving through its Gorgelink.com and Gorgelinkfaith.com online personalized directories and powered by Charity of Choice an online giving platform. They are doing this to help all the nonprofits in the five counties of the Mid-Columbia (Skamania, Klickitat, Wasco, Hood River and Sherman) raise money for their causes. The first Day of Giving is Nov. 21.
There will be two kick-off events: The first is in Hood River at 1102 12th St. on Aug. 8, and the second is in The Dalles at 506 Second St. on Aug. 22. Both are from 3-5 p.m. Opportunity Connections will be asking the public to visit its GorgeLink.com and GorgelinkFaith.com directories to find nonprofits and faith groups to make online donations through Charity of Choice on this day. Any nonprofit or faith group can have a one page listing free of charge in the GorgeLink directories.
For details contact Katie Maple at kmaple
@opportunityconnections.org or 541-386-3520, ext. 7003 or David Cochran from Charity of Choice, at emaildavid@mycharityofchoice.
com or 415-730-1003.
There will be a short presentation on the details of the day and Charity of Choice will explain how to claim your profile and link it to this event. Then there will be time for questions, suggestions and inspiration.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge