Saturday, August 3, 2013
Opportunity Connections is providing an annual day of giving through its Gorgelink.com and Gorgelinkfaith.com online personalized directories and powered by Charity of Choice an online giving platform. They are doing this to help all the nonprofits in the five counties of the Mid-Columbia (Skamania, Klickitat, Wasco, Hood River and Sherman) raise money for their causes. The first Day of Giving is Nov. 21.
There will be two kick-off events: The first is in Hood River at 1102 12th St. on Aug. 8, and the second is in The Dalles at 506 Second St. on Aug. 22. Both are from 3-5 p.m. Opportunity Connections will be asking the public to visit its GorgeLink.com and GorgelinkFaith.com directories to find nonprofits and faith groups to make online donations through Charity of Choice on this day. Any nonprofit or faith group can have a one page listing free of charge in the GorgeLink directories.
For details contact Katie Maple at kmaple
@opportunityconnections.org or 541-386-3520, ext. 7003 or David Cochran from Charity of Choice, at emaildavid@mycharityofchoice.
com or 415-730-1003.
There will be a short presentation on the details of the day and Charity of Choice will explain how to claim your profile and link it to this event. Then there will be time for questions, suggestions and inspiration.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge