Saturday, August 3, 2013
The following Hood River area residents recently graduated from the University of Portland:
Philip Stenberg, bachelor’s, biology;
Elvia Santillan, bachelor’s, communication;
Omar Santillan, bachelor’s, political science.
University president Rev. E. William Beauchamp, C.S.C., conferred 744 bachelor’s and 160 master’s degrees during commencement exercises held Saturday and Sunday, May 4 and 5, in the Earle A. and Virginia H. Chiles Center on the University of Portland campus.
A total of 837 students earned straight-A (4.0) and another 3,562 earned a B-plus (3.5) or better to make the honor roll at Oregon State University this spring. To be on the honor roll, students must carry at least 12 graded hours of course work.
Students on the honor roll from Hood River are:
Straight-A average: Jackson M. Olson Dougan, senior, biology
3.5 or better: Jeremy K. Abbott, senior, graphic design;
Hunter H. Daly, sophomore, pre-elect and computer engineer;
Aleah A. DeHart, freshman, nutrition;
Emma M. Fish, senior, history;
Jonathan D. Goatcher, freshman, exercise and sport science;
Abraham J. Maletz, freshman, political science;
Jordan J. Mallon, sophomore, pre-public health;
Anna M. Marquez, senior, public health;
Jason W. Monahan, senior, digital communication arts;
Erin G. Starrett, freshman, human development and family science;
Brittani L. Tolentino, freshman, animal sciences;
Ohsana Valle, sophomore, pre-athletic training.
Mount Hood-Parkdale — 3.5 or better: Katelynn A. Blumenthal, senior, public health.
The Montana State University 2013 spring semester honor roll included students from Hood River: Alyson Hicks-Lynch and Kirra Paulus.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge