Saturday, August 3, 2013
Maryhill Museum of Art’s sculpture garden is the idyllic setting for the Maryhill Arts Festival, taking place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17. Admission to the festival is free.
The festival features artists displaying and selling art in a variety of media, including painting, jewelry, woodworking, pottery, glass, recycled materials and more. Live music, food vendors, and hands-on art activities for families are also on tap.
The younger set can explore their creativity under the Maryhill Art Tent, which offers free, drop-in art activities from 1 to 4 p.m. daily.
Music on Saturday, Aug. 17, will include jazz from Mike Stillman & Friends as well as The Dalles-based guitarist Jeff Carrell. On Sunday, Aug. 18, the acoustic duo of Chad & Megan Moody and their refreshing take on folk music, and Northwest folksinger Laddie Ray Melvin take to the stage.
This year the Maryhill Arts Festival also coincides with the museum’s Free Counties Weekend (Aug 17-18) for residents of the Columbia River Gorge. Residents of Hood River, Jefferson, Wasco, Sherman and Gillam counties in Oregon and residents of Benton, Franklin, Klickitat, Skamania, Walla Walla and Columbia counties in Washington need only show their ID (with current address) to receive free admission to the museum.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge