Wednesday, August 7, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected King Tut as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“King Tut rules! He’s a Pharaoh hound mix — get it?
“Tut is about 3 years old, and quite the ‘king’ around here! We think he’s a red MinPin/Pharaoh hound mix. He’s regal and elegant — until you bring treats around, or squeaky toys; then he’s just a fun, playful little pup!
“He’s about 10 pounds, and maybe 12 inches high. Tut prances around and likes to play with other dogs, but he’s not one of those crazy, spastic little dogs — he thinks he has that royal bloodline going on, so he is always polite and does have very nice manners, but still likes to cut loose and goof around.
“And he’s SUPER cuddly and lovable — loves to give kisses, and loves to be a lap dog.
“This great dog is excellent with kids, fine with cats and struts his stuff on walks. He is a great dog and he knows it!”
Tut is current on shots, microchipped and neutered. His adoption fee is $165; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Tut at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service.
For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge