Wednesday, August 7, 2013
King of the Hook windsurfing, Blowout kiteboarding events this weekend
Saturday, Aug. 10, will feature both the Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association’s annual King of the Hook event and the Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest kiteboarding blowout.
King of the Hook is a whimsical contest all about fun that runs from 5:30-8 p.m. at The Hook. See www.gorgewindsurfing.org for details.
The Blowout, postponed from last weekend, is a downwind kiteboarding race from Stevenson to Hood River. Registration starts at 9 a.m. at the Stevenson launch site.
Matt Dallman continues pro soccer career
Hood River native and former HRVHS soccer standout Matt Dallman is making an impact in his second season with the USL Pro Division Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Most recently, the 28-year-old midfielder scored the game-winning goal in a 2-1 victory over the Wilmington Hammerheads to keep his team in ninth-place in USL Pro standings and in a playoff hunt as the season comes to a head.
Dallmann, a 2003 Hood River Valley High School graduate, has spent the last 10 years pursuing a professional soccer career. After high school, he played one season for Chico State before transferring to the University of Portland, where he finished out his college career as a Pilot. He then went on to play several years with European clubs, including four years in Germany, before returning to the U.S. and making his debut with the Riverhounds last July.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge