Wednesday, August 7, 2013
King of the Hook windsurfing, Blowout kiteboarding events this weekend
Saturday, Aug. 10, will feature both the Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association’s annual King of the Hook event and the Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest kiteboarding blowout.
King of the Hook is a whimsical contest all about fun that runs from 5:30-8 p.m. at The Hook. See www.gorgewindsurfing.org for details.
The Blowout, postponed from last weekend, is a downwind kiteboarding race from Stevenson to Hood River. Registration starts at 9 a.m. at the Stevenson launch site.
Matt Dallman continues pro soccer career
Hood River native and former HRVHS soccer standout Matt Dallman is making an impact in his second season with the USL Pro Division Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Most recently, the 28-year-old midfielder scored the game-winning goal in a 2-1 victory over the Wilmington Hammerheads to keep his team in ninth-place in USL Pro standings and in a playoff hunt as the season comes to a head.
Dallmann, a 2003 Hood River Valley High School graduate, has spent the last 10 years pursuing a professional soccer career. After high school, he played one season for Chico State before transferring to the University of Portland, where he finished out his college career as a Pilot. He then went on to play several years with European clubs, including four years in Germany, before returning to the U.S. and making his debut with the Riverhounds last July.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge