Wednesday, August 7, 2013
King of the Hook windsurfing, Blowout kiteboarding events this weekend
Saturday, Aug. 10, will feature both the Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association’s annual King of the Hook event and the Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest kiteboarding blowout.
King of the Hook is a whimsical contest all about fun that runs from 5:30-8 p.m. at The Hook. See www.gorgewindsurfing.org for details.
The Blowout, postponed from last weekend, is a downwind kiteboarding race from Stevenson to Hood River. Registration starts at 9 a.m. at the Stevenson launch site.
Matt Dallman continues pro soccer career
Hood River native and former HRVHS soccer standout Matt Dallman is making an impact in his second season with the USL Pro Division Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Most recently, the 28-year-old midfielder scored the game-winning goal in a 2-1 victory over the Wilmington Hammerheads to keep his team in ninth-place in USL Pro standings and in a playoff hunt as the season comes to a head.
Dallmann, a 2003 Hood River Valley High School graduate, has spent the last 10 years pursuing a professional soccer career. After high school, he played one season for Chico State before transferring to the University of Portland, where he finished out his college career as a Pilot. He then went on to play several years with European clubs, including four years in Germany, before returning to the U.S. and making his debut with the Riverhounds last July.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge