Wednesday, August 7, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
This week and in the next two Wednesday newspapers, Hood River News will publish sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library. Try the Beginning, Intermediate, or Extreme, or all three.
This should help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the Third Annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23.
The Trivia Challenge is free and open to anyone ages 9-18, and goes from 4:30-6 p.m. Costumes are encouraged, prizes will be awarded, and refreshments served.
(Answers at the bottom of the page. Professor McGonnigal says, “No peeking!”)
Name Harry’s children.
What is Harry’s owl’s name?
What is the spell for unlocking doors?
What is Hagrid’s first name?
What model broom stick does Ron have?
What breed of dragon guards the Lestrange vault at Gringott’s?
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge