Wednesday, August 7, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
This week and in the next two Wednesday newspapers, Hood River News will publish sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library. Try the Beginning, Intermediate, or Extreme, or all three.
This should help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the Third Annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23.
The Trivia Challenge is free and open to anyone ages 9-18, and goes from 4:30-6 p.m. Costumes are encouraged, prizes will be awarded, and refreshments served.
(Answers at the bottom of the page. Professor McGonnigal says, “No peeking!”)
Name Harry’s children.
What is Harry’s owl’s name?
What is the spell for unlocking doors?
What is Hagrid’s first name?
What model broom stick does Ron have?
What breed of dragon guards the Lestrange vault at Gringott’s?
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge