Wednesday, August 7, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
This week and in the next two Wednesday newspapers, Hood River News will publish sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library. Try the Beginning, Intermediate, or Extreme, or all three.
This should help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the Third Annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23.
The Trivia Challenge is free and open to anyone ages 9-18, and goes from 4:30-6 p.m. Costumes are encouraged, prizes will be awarded, and refreshments served.
(Answers at the bottom of the page. Professor McGonnigal says, “No peeking!”)
Name Harry’s children.
What is Harry’s owl’s name?
What is the spell for unlocking doors?
What is Hagrid’s first name?
What model broom stick does Ron have?
What breed of dragon guards the Lestrange vault at Gringott’s?
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge