Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Gorge Green Drinks meets Thursday, 6-8 p.m. at Phelps Creek Vineyards in what will be unique version of the monthly networking event: Tour the vineyards and winery and learn about the history and farming practices of this family-owned winery while enjoying a glass of wine or beer and fresh, local veggies from Dancing Moon Farm.
A $5 suggested donation is asked for non- members of GO!
Gorge Green Drinks is produced by Gorge Owned (GO!), a nonprofit organization making connections between the people, the natural environment and the economy of the Gorge.
Learn more at gorgeowned.org.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge