Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Gorge Green Drinks meets Thursday, 6-8 p.m. at Phelps Creek Vineyards in what will be unique version of the monthly networking event: Tour the vineyards and winery and learn about the history and farming practices of this family-owned winery while enjoying a glass of wine or beer and fresh, local veggies from Dancing Moon Farm.
A $5 suggested donation is asked for non- members of GO!
Gorge Green Drinks is produced by Gorge Owned (GO!), a nonprofit organization making connections between the people, the natural environment and the economy of the Gorge.
Learn more at gorgeowned.org.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge