Friday, August 9, 2013
Jeanette “Jean” M. Shorts Westphal, 88, passed away Aug. 5, 2013, at her home in Prineville, Ore. Jean was born July 14, 1925, in Green Bay, Wis.
Services are planned for Thursday, Aug. 15, at Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Graveside rites will follow at the Parklawn Cemetery (IOOF 3 Mile Cemetery) in The Dalles.
Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge