Saturday, August 10, 2013
Janet Bennett, a life-long Hood River resident, died Aug. 8, 2013, at Brookside Center memory care unit.
She was born Jan. 1, 1933, in Hood River, Ore.
Her husband, John Bennett, who she met in 1956, died on Jan. 1, 2013.
She ran the family orchard with John and also operated 12th Street Fabrics, and was active in St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
Josie Ivone (Baker) Delepine, 76, passed away Aug. 4, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore., with family by her side.
She was born Nov. 3, 1936, in rural Willow Springs, Mo.
Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
The family has requested memorial contributions be made to First Baptist Church, Hood River.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge