Saturday, August 10, 2013
Janet Bennett, a life-long Hood River resident, died Aug. 8, 2013, at Brookside Center memory care unit.
She was born Jan. 1, 1933, in Hood River, Ore.
Her husband, John Bennett, who she met in 1956, died on Jan. 1, 2013.
She ran the family orchard with John and also operated 12th Street Fabrics, and was active in St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
Josie Ivone (Baker) Delepine, 76, passed away Aug. 4, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore., with family by her side.
She was born Nov. 3, 1936, in rural Willow Springs, Mo.
Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
The family has requested memorial contributions be made to First Baptist Church, Hood River.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge