Saturday, August 10, 2013
Janet Bennett, a life-long Hood River resident, died Aug. 8, 2013, at Brookside Center memory care unit.
She was born Jan. 1, 1933, in Hood River, Ore.
Her husband, John Bennett, who she met in 1956, died on Jan. 1, 2013.
She ran the family orchard with John and also operated 12th Street Fabrics, and was active in St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
Josie Ivone (Baker) Delepine, 76, passed away Aug. 4, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, Ore., with family by her side.
She was born Nov. 3, 1936, in rural Willow Springs, Mo.
Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
The family has requested memorial contributions be made to First Baptist Church, Hood River.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge