Saturday, August 10, 2013
In celebration of 25 years of promoting health with Columbia Gorge Latinos, Nuestra Comunidad Sana (NCS), a program of The Next Door, is hosting a free potluck fiesta open to all.
The celebration is slated for Aug. 10, from 4-7 p.m. at the Odell Neighborhood Park on Tamarack Rd.
NCS staff members are organizing the event to celebrate the Latino community’s active involvement, honor the founders, and reconnect with former participants and employees. The event will feature live music, folkloric dancers, local speakers and healthy food.
Nuestra Comunidad Sana, or “Our Healthy Community,” promotes healthy lifestyles and wellbeing for adults, teens and children by encouraging and enabling increased physical activity and improved nutrition. NCS also leads advocacy efforts by helping community members get involved in making policy around healthcare, education and safety.
For more information about NCS, visit www.nextdoorinc.org.
The Next Door is a local nonprofit whose mission is opening doors to new possibilities by strengthening children and families and improving communities. Staff members work with thousands of people in the Columbia Gorge who are struggling; to grow up strong, to stay out of trouble, to be better parents, and even to learn a sustainable way to have enough food.
More like this story
- Wy’east High School Class of ’67 plans reunion
- Coming in August to the Hood River Library
- RC Car Club meeting
- Letters to the Editor for July 29
- Another Voice: The best path forward — Fixing, not replacing, the ACA
- Medieval fair takes over Cascade Locks Marine Park Aug. 5
- The Porch: Numbered Stairs mystery solved
- Business Notes: Wells Fargo promotes Trusov, Windermere expands
- End the cruel and dangerous practice of leaving pets in hot cars
- Church News: River of Life plans VBS
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge