Saturday, August 10, 2013
In celebration of 25 years of promoting health with Columbia Gorge Latinos, Nuestra Comunidad Sana (NCS), a program of The Next Door, is hosting a free potluck fiesta open to all.
The celebration is slated for Aug. 10, from 4-7 p.m. at the Odell Neighborhood Park on Tamarack Rd.
NCS staff members are organizing the event to celebrate the Latino community’s active involvement, honor the founders, and reconnect with former participants and employees. The event will feature live music, folkloric dancers, local speakers and healthy food.
Nuestra Comunidad Sana, or “Our Healthy Community,” promotes healthy lifestyles and wellbeing for adults, teens and children by encouraging and enabling increased physical activity and improved nutrition. NCS also leads advocacy efforts by helping community members get involved in making policy around healthcare, education and safety.
For more information about NCS, visit www.nextdoorinc.org.
The Next Door is a local nonprofit whose mission is opening doors to new possibilities by strengthening children and families and improving communities. Staff members work with thousands of people in the Columbia Gorge who are struggling; to grow up strong, to stay out of trouble, to be better parents, and even to learn a sustainable way to have enough food.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge