Saturday, August 10, 2013
In celebration of 25 years of promoting health with Columbia Gorge Latinos, Nuestra Comunidad Sana (NCS), a program of The Next Door, is hosting a free potluck fiesta open to all.
The celebration is slated for Aug. 10, from 4-7 p.m. at the Odell Neighborhood Park on Tamarack Rd.
NCS staff members are organizing the event to celebrate the Latino community’s active involvement, honor the founders, and reconnect with former participants and employees. The event will feature live music, folkloric dancers, local speakers and healthy food.
Nuestra Comunidad Sana, or “Our Healthy Community,” promotes healthy lifestyles and wellbeing for adults, teens and children by encouraging and enabling increased physical activity and improved nutrition. NCS also leads advocacy efforts by helping community members get involved in making policy around healthcare, education and safety.
For more information about NCS, visit www.nextdoorinc.org.
The Next Door is a local nonprofit whose mission is opening doors to new possibilities by strengthening children and families and improving communities. Staff members work with thousands of people in the Columbia Gorge who are struggling; to grow up strong, to stay out of trouble, to be better parents, and even to learn a sustainable way to have enough food.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge