Saturday, August 10, 2013
A Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital employee was arrested last week after allegedly stealing drugs from the hospital’s pharmacy.
According to the Hood River Police Department, Amber Hageman-Timlick, 27, of The Dalles, was charged with theft in the first degree and 32 counts of tampering with drug records, both Class C felonies. Hood River County District Attorney John Sewell said Hageman-Timlick was also charged with unlawful possession of hydrocodone, a Class A misdemeanor. The maximum sentence for a Class C felony is five years in prison and a Class A misdemeanor can carry as much as a one-year prison term.
Hageman-Timlick, a pharmacy technician at PHRMH, is alleged to have “uttered false prescriptions” for Ambien, a sleep aid; hydrocodone, a painkiller; and Zomig, a drug used to treat migraine headaches, according to Sewell.
Hageman-Timlick was arrested on July 30 and lodged at the Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility in The Dalles. She was released the next day on her own recognizance, according to the jail.
PHRMH representatives were contacted for comment on the story and were asked if Hageman-Timlick had received any disciplinary action.
“It is an ongoing legal investigation, so I would say, ‘No comment,’” said hospital spokesperson Susan Frost.
According to the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy website, Hageman-Timlick has been a Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician since September 2006. Her license is still listed as active with no board action having been taken. Pharmacy technicians are responsible for filling prescriptions and performing other functions while under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
The case will be brought before a grand jury on Tuesday, Sept. 30 at 9 a.m. at the Hood River County Courthouse to determine if there is enough evidence to bring the case to trial.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge