Saturday, August 10, 2013
With their classic ’80s hits, Quarterflash was a wildly popular dance band that played every bar between Seattle and Portland in the late ’70s.
In 1980 they recorded an original song called "Harden My Heart" which became their first national hit. Since then, the band has released four albums, plus solo material from band leaders Marv and Rindy Ross. The Sounds of Summer Concert Series continues on Sunday, Aug. 11, at the Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River. Tickets are $30 in advance.
5 p.m. Doors open
6 p.m. Opening act Pamela Thomas-Martin
7 p.m. Quarterflash concert.
Call the hotel for more information and specials on rooms and tickets. Columbia Gorge Hotel, 4000 Westcliff Dr., Hood River; 541-386-5566.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge