Saturday, August 10, 2013
With their classic ’80s hits, Quarterflash was a wildly popular dance band that played every bar between Seattle and Portland in the late ’70s.
In 1980 they recorded an original song called "Harden My Heart" which became their first national hit. Since then, the band has released four albums, plus solo material from band leaders Marv and Rindy Ross. The Sounds of Summer Concert Series continues on Sunday, Aug. 11, at the Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River. Tickets are $30 in advance.
5 p.m. Doors open
6 p.m. Opening act Pamela Thomas-Martin
7 p.m. Quarterflash concert.
Call the hotel for more information and specials on rooms and tickets. Columbia Gorge Hotel, 4000 Westcliff Dr., Hood River; 541-386-5566.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge