Saturday, August 10, 2013
The 2013 Skamania County Fair and Timber Carnival promises awesome activity for the whole family.
The annual event hits the Skamania County Fairgrounds in scenic Stevenson, WA, Aug. 14-18.
Located in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, the event is the last original “free-gate” fair in the Northwest, and features carnival rides, entertainment, a talent show, food and commercial vendors, 4-H and Open Class exhibits, demonstrations and evening firework displays.
Don’t miss the annual Talent Show on Thursday at 7 p.m., and the exciting and high energy bluegrass band Train of Thought featured on Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and look forward to the return of Nevada Slim and Cimarron Sue.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge