Saturday, August 10, 2013
The 2013 Skamania County Fair and Timber Carnival promises awesome activity for the whole family.
The annual event hits the Skamania County Fairgrounds in scenic Stevenson, WA, Aug. 14-18.
Located in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, the event is the last original “free-gate” fair in the Northwest, and features carnival rides, entertainment, a talent show, food and commercial vendors, 4-H and Open Class exhibits, demonstrations and evening firework displays.
Don’t miss the annual Talent Show on Thursday at 7 p.m., and the exciting and high energy bluegrass band Train of Thought featured on Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and look forward to the return of Nevada Slim and Cimarron Sue.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge