Saturday, August 10, 2013
The 2013 Skamania County Fair and Timber Carnival promises awesome activity for the whole family.
The annual event hits the Skamania County Fairgrounds in scenic Stevenson, WA, Aug. 14-18.
Located in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, the event is the last original “free-gate” fair in the Northwest, and features carnival rides, entertainment, a talent show, food and commercial vendors, 4-H and Open Class exhibits, demonstrations and evening firework displays.
Don’t miss the annual Talent Show on Thursday at 7 p.m., and the exciting and high energy bluegrass band Train of Thought featured on Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. and look forward to the return of Nevada Slim and Cimarron Sue.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge