Wednesday, August 14, 2013
The 2013 Mt. Adams Chamber of Commerce Summer Concert Series will conclude with a spectacular three-day car show and concerts in White Salmon Park on Aug. 23, 24, and 25.
On Aug. 23, show car owners will camp on Riley’s Field at the corner of Main Street and NW Loop Road.
On Aug. 24, the cars will be in the White Salmon Park, along with a community picnic, and Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts perform at 7 p.m.
On Aug. 25, there’s a Fireman’s Breakfast from 7-10 a.m. at the firehouse. The Art on Wheels car show is in the park until noon. Contact Bill Werst at 509-493-1985 for additional information.
More like this story
- Newborn season: Fish and Wildlife says leave young wildlife in the wild
- Pool notes: Dollar open swim offered Memorial Day
- Entertainment Update for May 25
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge