Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Hawks Ridge Assisted Living Community is working on a new special program, Senior Wish Project, which will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a Country Fair on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St. The day will be filled with carnival games for the kids, a barbecue and bake sale, and a silent auction. All proceeds will benefit the Senior Wish Project.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities. Contributing businesses will be included in all advertising and promotional material, and will be mentioned on the radio, which will broadcast live from the event.
Ways to help include:
n Boxes of fruit (apples, pears, cherries or peaches)
n Items or gift certificates
n Volunteer musicians and performers
n Physicians to give free health screenings in one-hour slots
n Food items for the barbecue: hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, bottled water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks
For more information, contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Appeals Court court affirms Hood River denial of Walmart expansion
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge