Wednesday, August 14, 2013
The Odell Lioness Club will hold its annual garage/yard sale Aug. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1999 Seventh Court, Hood River. Money raised will be given to various Lioness projects, including local high school scholarships and the Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation.
With the new school year slated to start in a few weeks, Wy’east Middle School would like to remind students and families of a few key dates:
Aug. 21-22 — WEB leaders will meet at the school from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for training in the Blue Gym. Anyone with questions needs to contact Teri Adams ASAP at 541-354-1548.
Aug. 23 — Registration will be held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Gold Gym. “Families will have the opportunity to review their student’s class schedule, update contact information, check in for the school’s Summer Reading Program and get important information they need to start the school year out right,” says Adams. “The staff at Wy’east are excited about the new year as we welcome new teachers and students to our tight community!”
It’s not too late to enroll your preschooler in Community Education’s Mid Valley Preschool. The bilingual preschool, held in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School, has a few openings left for fall preschool and extended care.
For rates and detailed information, call teacher Socci Galvez at 541-387-5722 or 541-806-3887.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge