Wednesday, August 14, 2013
The Odell Lioness Club will hold its annual garage/yard sale Aug. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1999 Seventh Court, Hood River. Money raised will be given to various Lioness projects, including local high school scholarships and the Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation.
With the new school year slated to start in a few weeks, Wy’east Middle School would like to remind students and families of a few key dates:
Aug. 21-22 — WEB leaders will meet at the school from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for training in the Blue Gym. Anyone with questions needs to contact Teri Adams ASAP at 541-354-1548.
Aug. 23 — Registration will be held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Gold Gym. “Families will have the opportunity to review their student’s class schedule, update contact information, check in for the school’s Summer Reading Program and get important information they need to start the school year out right,” says Adams. “The staff at Wy’east are excited about the new year as we welcome new teachers and students to our tight community!”
It’s not too late to enroll your preschooler in Community Education’s Mid Valley Preschool. The bilingual preschool, held in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School, has a few openings left for fall preschool and extended care.
For rates and detailed information, call teacher Socci Galvez at 541-387-5722 or 541-806-3887.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge