Wednesday, August 14, 2013
The Odell Lioness Club will hold its annual garage/yard sale Aug. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1999 Seventh Court, Hood River. Money raised will be given to various Lioness projects, including local high school scholarships and the Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation.
With the new school year slated to start in a few weeks, Wy’east Middle School would like to remind students and families of a few key dates:
Aug. 21-22 — WEB leaders will meet at the school from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for training in the Blue Gym. Anyone with questions needs to contact Teri Adams ASAP at 541-354-1548.
Aug. 23 — Registration will be held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Gold Gym. “Families will have the opportunity to review their student’s class schedule, update contact information, check in for the school’s Summer Reading Program and get important information they need to start the school year out right,” says Adams. “The staff at Wy’east are excited about the new year as we welcome new teachers and students to our tight community!”
It’s not too late to enroll your preschooler in Community Education’s Mid Valley Preschool. The bilingual preschool, held in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School, has a few openings left for fall preschool and extended care.
For rates and detailed information, call teacher Socci Galvez at 541-387-5722 or 541-806-3887.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge