Wednesday, August 14, 2013
The Odell Lioness Club will hold its annual garage/yard sale Aug. 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1999 Seventh Court, Hood River. Money raised will be given to various Lioness projects, including local high school scholarships and the Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation.
With the new school year slated to start in a few weeks, Wy’east Middle School would like to remind students and families of a few key dates:
Aug. 21-22 — WEB leaders will meet at the school from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for training in the Blue Gym. Anyone with questions needs to contact Teri Adams ASAP at 541-354-1548.
Aug. 23 — Registration will be held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Gold Gym. “Families will have the opportunity to review their student’s class schedule, update contact information, check in for the school’s Summer Reading Program and get important information they need to start the school year out right,” says Adams. “The staff at Wy’east are excited about the new year as we welcome new teachers and students to our tight community!”
It’s not too late to enroll your preschooler in Community Education’s Mid Valley Preschool. The bilingual preschool, held in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School, has a few openings left for fall preschool and extended care.
For rates and detailed information, call teacher Socci Galvez at 541-387-5722 or 541-806-3887.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge