Wednesday, August 14, 2013
How’s your Harry Potter knowledge?
Starting in last Wednesday’s paper, Hood River News is publishing sets of Harry Potter trivia questions, in association with the Hood River Library. Try the Beginning, Intermediate, or Extreme, or all three. The final set will appear on April 21.
This should help get all you Muggles and Wizards ready for the third-annual Harry Potter Trivia Challenge at the library on Aug. 23.
The Trivia Challenge is free and open to anyone ages 9-18, and goes from 4:30-6 p.m. Costumes are encouraged, prizes will be awarded, and refreshments served.
(Answers at the bottom of the page. Professor McGonnigal says, “No peeking!”)
What is the name of Ron’s pet rat?
What is the spell for turning your wand into a light?
What is the name of Aunt Marge’s dog?
What is the shape of Snape’s patronus?
What two creature did Hagrid bred into the Blast Ended Skrewt?
What is the address of the Order of the Phoenix?
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge