Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Wine Country Avenue, Hood River’s newest road, opens Wednesday, according to City Engineer Gary Lindemyer.
Anyone traveling from Cascade Avenue to Country Club Road must now take Wine Country, which intersects on Cascade next to Mid-Columbia Marine. (Temporarily, residents of Timbercrest condominiums may take a left at the old intersection.) The Cascade/Country Club crossing next to exit 62 will be physically blocked for westbound traffic as of Monday. As part of the realignment, vehicles will be routed from Country Club north onto the freeway and to Westcliff Drive, but all east-bound traffic must take Wine Country.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge