Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Wine Country Avenue, Hood River’s newest road, opens Wednesday, according to City Engineer Gary Lindemyer.
Anyone traveling from Cascade Avenue to Country Club Road must now take Wine Country, which intersects on Cascade next to Mid-Columbia Marine. (Temporarily, residents of Timbercrest condominiums may take a left at the old intersection.) The Cascade/Country Club crossing next to exit 62 will be physically blocked for westbound traffic as of Monday. As part of the realignment, vehicles will be routed from Country Club north onto the freeway and to Westcliff Drive, but all east-bound traffic must take Wine Country.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge