Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Wine Country Avenue, Hood River’s newest road, opens Wednesday, according to City Engineer Gary Lindemyer.
Anyone traveling from Cascade Avenue to Country Club Road must now take Wine Country, which intersects on Cascade next to Mid-Columbia Marine. (Temporarily, residents of Timbercrest condominiums may take a left at the old intersection.) The Cascade/Country Club crossing next to exit 62 will be physically blocked for westbound traffic as of Monday. As part of the realignment, vehicles will be routed from Country Club north onto the freeway and to Westcliff Drive, but all east-bound traffic must take Wine Country.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge