Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Do you wonder what it takes to write an interesting play or story, one with great characters, dramatic tension, and a way to make people think about it for a long time?
Award-winning playwright Cassandra Medley invites dreamers, schemers and writers of all kinds to a “Writer’s Gym: A Creative Writing Gymnasium” on Monday, Aug. 26, at 7 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River.
Through various exercises, participants will instigate, develop and rough-draft a one-minute first-person character monologue or story narrative, and encourage, offer and receive exploratory suggestions from the instructor and from fellow members of the class.
Writer’s Gym has a reputation for creating outstanding results in breaking writer’s block, in stimulating creativity and motivating writers to establish stronger contact with their authentic voices. Cost for the workshop is $20.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge