Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Do you wonder what it takes to write an interesting play or story, one with great characters, dramatic tension, and a way to make people think about it for a long time?
Award-winning playwright Cassandra Medley invites dreamers, schemers and writers of all kinds to a “Writer’s Gym: A Creative Writing Gymnasium” on Monday, Aug. 26, at 7 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River.
Through various exercises, participants will instigate, develop and rough-draft a one-minute first-person character monologue or story narrative, and encourage, offer and receive exploratory suggestions from the instructor and from fellow members of the class.
Writer’s Gym has a reputation for creating outstanding results in breaking writer’s block, in stimulating creativity and motivating writers to establish stronger contact with their authentic voices. Cost for the workshop is $20.
More like this story
- OSAA 5A SOFTBALL PLAYOFFS Late-game heroics by Lauren Decker, Hannah McNerney send HRV to the 5A quarterfinals
- Death Notices for May 27: Sharon Mills, Donna Schnell and Scott Zorza
- Service Announcements for May 27: Randy Van Woert and Thomas Ford
- Next Walking Tour June 5
- Lyle Pioneer Days return May 27
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge