Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Do you wonder what it takes to write an interesting play or story, one with great characters, dramatic tension, and a way to make people think about it for a long time?
Award-winning playwright Cassandra Medley invites dreamers, schemers and writers of all kinds to a “Writer’s Gym: A Creative Writing Gymnasium” on Monday, Aug. 26, at 7 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River.
Through various exercises, participants will instigate, develop and rough-draft a one-minute first-person character monologue or story narrative, and encourage, offer and receive exploratory suggestions from the instructor and from fellow members of the class.
Writer’s Gym has a reputation for creating outstanding results in breaking writer’s block, in stimulating creativity and motivating writers to establish stronger contact with their authentic voices. Cost for the workshop is $20.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge