Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Do you wonder what it takes to write an interesting play or story, one with great characters, dramatic tension, and a way to make people think about it for a long time?
Award-winning playwright Cassandra Medley invites dreamers, schemers and writers of all kinds to a “Writer’s Gym: A Creative Writing Gymnasium” on Monday, Aug. 26, at 7 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River.
Through various exercises, participants will instigate, develop and rough-draft a one-minute first-person character monologue or story narrative, and encourage, offer and receive exploratory suggestions from the instructor and from fellow members of the class.
Writer’s Gym has a reputation for creating outstanding results in breaking writer’s block, in stimulating creativity and motivating writers to establish stronger contact with their authentic voices. Cost for the workshop is $20.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge